Shure VP 88 Microphone
The Shure Model VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathering (ENG), and studio broadcasting applications.
It combines two condenser cartridges in a single housing to create a stereo audio image of the sound source.
It is unique in its ability to capture the realism of a live event and yet withstand rigorous field production environments.
The VP 88 can operate on phantom power or a 6V camera battery.
Key features include:
- Time-coherent, Mid-Side (M-S) design for optimal stereo imaging
- Built-in stereo matrix for direct control of the stereo spread
- Direct M-S outputs available
- Mono compatibility ideal for broadcast applications
- Low noise and distortion
- Wide dynamic range
- Switch-selectable, low-frequency roll-off (12 dB/octave below 80 Hz) for reduced pickup of ambient noise and stand vibration
- Internal shock mount for reduced stand vibration and handling noise
- Built-in “pop” screen
- Rugged construction
Broadcast stereo condenser mic.
- Type: Single-point stereo condenser
- Pickup Pattern Mid Cartridge: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Pickup Pattern Side Cartridge: Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB
- Dimensions (mm): Ø 27/40 x 290
- Net Weight: 417g